I don’t know about you, but I’m a list maker. Whether written by hand (groceries), typed in an app on my phone (books, new movies, etc), or stored away on Ravelry (knitting!) or Pinterest (recipes), I’m always filing things away for future enjoyment.
Sometimes, I even write my emails in lists…it helps me stay organized, or less overwhelmed when I feel like I want to write a huge long novel but know I need to keep things focused.
So, here’s a current list of my spring break and transition into the fourth of five terms of nursing school. It’s a glimpse into the whirlwind of, well, everything.
1. New Music: Mala Rodriguez. Oh, man, one of the things I love most about visiting my friends K&L is stocking up on new music. They always know the latest and greatest. I’m loving this fierce Spanish rapper. What a great way to practica mi español.
2. To Do: Finish the on-boarding training for my clinical site this spring. Epic, glucometer testing (again?! sigh…), HIPAA, Pyxis. Also, my first practice NCLEX. I’ve finally starting coming to terms with reality and have been reading the strategy section of my study book I bought.
3. For Fun: Get started on this beauty (people, there was a 50% off sale on yarn at this wonderful store in LA…I may have come home with 6 skeins of worsted Malabrigo in the most delicious colors!).
4. To Read: Just started Ruth Ozeki’s A Tale for the Time Being. Fiction!
Yes, spring break has been lovely, my friends, but dare I say it…I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. This term is going to be:
2. But filled with lots of practical learning.
3. That is all.