Been a while…but here’s what’s been on my reader lately!
- Over the Counter Oral Contraceptives? ACOG Says Yes! (What a novel idea…plus, check out this global map of availability of OTC oral contraceptives)
- Finding a Care Provider Who Will Support Upright Pushing Positions (it seems so strange and sad to me that women are still having to fight for this…maybe someday it will just be assumed that a woman should labor and push in positions that are most comfortable to her?)
- In honor of Transgender Remembrance Day…a spot-on article by Miriam Perez on how discrimination and health disparities are linked
- Awesome infographics from Fenway Health on transgender health disparities
- My new favorite blog: Blac(k)ademic, by Dr. Kortney Ryan Ziegler. This post about growing up with his grandmother is especially poignant…we spend so much time exalting two-parent households that we miss the success stories of single parents, grandparents as parents, etc.