I’m in the thick of application essays right now, my brain is stuffed with new ideas as I try to bring it all back down to the essence of why I’m called to this work. There’s so much I’m interested in, and sometimes it’s hard to find a way to tie it all together in a neat package…but I think I’m slowly getting there.
In the meantime, I’ve been reading lots, gathering ideas for future research and also just doing some fact-finding for some recent clients. Among some of the goodies on my readers (electronic and old-fashioned) lately:
- Recent research and conversation on the use of SSRI’s in pregnancy
- This fantastic article looking at the evidence on efficacy of eyrthromycin prophylaxis for newborns
- Research by Amy Levi, CNM and a team of researchers from ANSIRH on the role of nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners in abortion care
- Eagerly anticipating this new book about the experience of women who plan a homebirth but end up with cesareans
- Trying to scrape up any research I can on the use of midwives in Korea
- This brief on organizing for transgender health care